Which birds do I keep?? Anyone interested in the maybes??

Hey SportTees! I'd be interested in the BCM roo.
wink.png
I believe there is a lady here moping for him . . . she just plods around all day making sad moaning clucks. I PM'd you the other day, I think - - before I noticed this post. Just let me know what you decide.

smile.png

My thought. (That is, if you don't have favorites.)

1 buff orpington
1 delaware hen
1 EE
2 RIR ( 2.5 mo old) ( 2 hens)
1 BLK copper Maran roo
2 Blk Silkies
1 Cochins (possible banty from TSC??) (1.5 mo old)
1 Serma ( 1 wk old)
1 royal palm Turkey ( 2 wks old) < Wow! That's a pretty bird!
1 Muscovy ducks ( 3 mo old)
1 roen ( 2 mo old)
5 mixed ducks ( 2 wks old)

Totals
15 birdies

Quote:
I wouldn't give up the Delawares as I am having a hard time finding them or the Speckled sussex or the copper marans.
RIR are common enough. Here in NY I can't find anyone with Delaware or Dominiques. Delawares are my biggest birds and I expect will make good eating and egg laying. I'm going to have to start hatching my own if I can get a good roo.

Quote:
I wouldn't give up the Delawares as I am having a hard time finding them or the Speckled sussex or the copper marans.
RIR are common enough. Here in NY I can't find anyone with Delaware or Dominiques. Delawares are my biggest birds and I expect will make good eating and egg laying. I'm going to have to start hatching my own if I can get a good roo.

I am starting to think the same thing. Delawares aren't very common. I went out and counted how many roos I have - I think there are 7 so I will probably down size there first. I've already cut down on roos once. The ones I have now are so sweet. I've been waiting hoping one would turn mean so it would easier to decide. My favorite roos are the Blk Copper Maran and RIR but the barred rock is sweet too. This is so hard
he.gif

Anyone that is interested in ducks P.M. me because I think I've decided which I'm getting rid of.

I would definately keep the Delewares. They are listed as a critical breed on the ALBC site!

I had a heck of a time finding them in Maryland, and apparently (again, according to the site) there are less that 500 breeding flocks in the US.

Just my two cents. But I am a sucker for endangered breeds!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom