Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t want to live it, but I’d like to experience desert temps with lower humidity and below zero cold. I hear that our humidity makes heat and cold much worse without the extreme +100 or -0 temps. I personally don’t buy it. For all I know, some redneck from Alabama May be making all that up to feel tough. Anyone got any real life comparisons they have experienced?

I always get a sense of satisfaction when I see the chickens raid a mouse nest. 😃
When the new coop was built last year, the chickens weren't even in it for an hour before they found a mouse and got mouse blood on the nice new perch. It looked like they smacked the thing against it pretty hard. So much for keeping it looking nice and new for at least a day....

My big chickens chase squirrels but the BCs will be right beside the squirrels eating scratch.
Oh yeah, shes a bantam cochin, by the way. Tiny but mighty!

When i would chase off a fox or something, she would come running behind me screaming, like she was apart of it.

I wouldn’t want to live it, but I’d like to experience desert temps with lower humidity and below zero cold. I hear that our humidity makes heat and cold much worse without the extreme +100 or -0 temps. I personally don’t buy it. For all I know, some redneck from Alabama May be making all that up to feel tough. Anyone got any real life comparisons they have experienced?
Anecdotal only, but I can tell you I'll take 120F and 12% RH over 90 and 90 all day. Spent a week in Houston in July, and it was like walking around with a warm wet blanket when you were outside. Everything was always damp, breathing was the suck, and I didn't even get to play in the ocean. I Can also say that 75 on the coast with the humidity feels chilly, where 75 on the desert is pretty much perfect.

Oddly, 85 on Hawaii with the trades blowing seemed lovely, if damp. So there's probably a psychological component involved too.

Make of that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom