Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about everyone else, but the heat and humidity has already started. At least I was in the shade all afternoon.
Same here, atleast we have a lake across the street but still, i can’t live there like Neptune unfortunately.
I do like the fish there though, they nibble at your toes.

We had a baby bunny that was living under the big coop, never left it, just stayed in the middle.

FINALLY scared it out with a stick, and guess what? it moved under the SHED! Brat.
I hear you. I have a two story with a mobile home on the property, and the mobile home sits empty. Well, it was. That stinking squirrel moved into it and is avoiding all the traps I set out. That's why I wanted to borrow your feisty little bantam.

I hear you. I have a two story with a mobile home on the property, and the mobile home sits empty. Well, it was. That stinking squirrel moved into it and is avoiding all the traps I set out. That's why I wanted to borrow your feisty little bantam.
Ugh, squirrels are so annoying! Hopefully you get rid of him. They are a pest to any feed, so people who birdwatch and set out birdfeeders and have poultry have awful issues with them! (I do both, i despise them.)

Recently, we had a vole, and some mice move in for some feed. I did a no kill trap for the mouse, i had kill ones out to, i guess i was trying to avoid killing some to relocate, but i honestly don’t care as much now.

Ugh, squirrels are so annoying! Hopefully you get rid of him. They are a pest to any feed, so people who birdwatch and set out birdfeeders and have poultry have awful issues with them! (I do both, i despise them.)

Recently, we had a vole, and some mice move in for some feed. I did a no kill trap for the mouse, i had kill ones out to, i guess i was trying to avoid killing some to relocate, but i honestly don’t care as much now.
Letting it loose somewhere only transfers the problem to someone else. I set down live traps, sticky traps, and rat traps for that squirrel. If it would only go into one of them it could be dealt with, but it doesn't. Then, a few days ago, there were two squirrels! :barnie

Mice started going onto the porch after the chicken feed, so I got some big metal garbage cans to hold the feed. Hopefully that will keep them out. I used to feel bad about killing rodents, but not any more. It's war!

Letting it loose somewhere only transfers the problem to someone else. I set down live traps, sticky traps, and rat traps for that squirrel. If it would only go into one of them it could be dealt with, but it doesn't. Then, a few days ago, there were two squirrels! :barnie

Mice started going onto the porch after the chicken feed, so I got some big metal garbage cans to hold the feed. Hopefully that will keep them out. I used to feel bad about killing rodents, but not any more. It's war!
Meh, i put it in a trashy dump area. Maybe a kid that lives in the dump can have him as a pet.

I don’t use sticky traps, i find them inhumane. Thats just my view on it though.

It gets to that point eventually. You start off feeling bad for them, thinking they’re cute. Then they start chewing your blankets, eating feed, carrying ticks and whatnot.

Bill will know @bill3607
31483076.jpg

I wouldn’t want to live it, but I’d like to experience desert temps with lower humidity and below zero cold. I hear that our humidity makes heat and cold much worse without the extreme +100 or -0 temps. I personally don’t buy it. For all I know, some redneck from Alabama May be making all that up to feel tough. Anyone got any real life comparisons they have experienced?
🙋‍♀️

I haven't experienced extreme heat in the 100s, but I can tell you from living in both the prairies (very dry) and in Ontario (fairly humid) that humidity does make the temps feel more extreme

Anecdotal only, but I can tell you I'll take 120F and 12% RH over 90 and 90 all day. Spent a week in Houston in July, and it was like walking around with a warm wet blanket when you were outside. Everything was always damp, breathing was the suck, and I didn't even get to play in the ocean. I Can also say that 75 on the coast with the humidity feels chilly, where 75 on the desert is pretty much perfect.

Oddly, 85 on Hawaii with the trades blowing seemed lovely, if damp. So there's probably a psychological component involved too.

Make of that what you will.
All of this except 75F is NOT and NEVER WILL BE chilly

Freaking wussie southies

😅😛

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom