Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boomers grew up and raised idiot kids

//only half kidding
Boomers were/are the worse generation. Not the kids they "raised", mostly because we raised ourselves! My husband and I, though 20 years apart, were both raised by Boomers (read narcissists) who didn't do the actual rearing of their own children. Won't go further into it, but it's not about blaming the parents. By my age, men should've been able to choose to grow up, but decided not to, for the most part (in my own experiences). It's rare to meet a man my age who is also mature, sadly, which can't be blamed on the parents anymore. Personal responsibility.

40487970_246090619436614_1982915190005432320_o.jpg

I will say I feel for the younger generation males cause of what society has become. It's like masculinity is bad and to not show it kinda like we were taught not to show feelings like crying cause that's a sign of weakness. I mean they can't even talk to a girl without the possibility of getting a sexual harassment charge simply for flirting. What's it gonna come down to a dude seeing a girl he likes and sending his attorney to her geeze. Anyway sorry to be so long winded have a good day
You're right, and I fully agree that part of the issue is also the societal male emasculation. How can we expect our men to grow up as paragons of male virtue when shows and commercials, and therefore, society paints them as whiny losers who are useless to their families, friends, and employers? I'm not saying that's a good excuse for them to use. Just that it's fair to assume that when nothing is expected nothing is given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom