Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have exciting news!
I've had a broody goose for a while. Initially she was sitting on several eggs and had a lot of quitters. I actually ended up throwing out her original eggs because they were quitters. When I last checked her a few days ago she had three good eggs under her. I've been feeling apprehensive about the last week because she's now been broody longer than she should have been and has lost a lot of weight. I was considering kicking her off the nest soon if I didn't see anything happening. Last night I was looking around for a duck that I couldn't find and went over to the goose house. All the geese started freaking out, not just the broody. They all ran over to the nest and started hissing at me and honking.
Then I spotted an adorable yellow fluffy gosling head sticking up from under the broody, taking it all in.
I was so excited! I started jumping around the pen, screaming and hollering while the geese were screaming at me. It was bedlam there for a minute.
I don't have a picture of the gosling yet because I didn't want to bother the geese too much but I'll try to get one later today. I'm hoping she at least gets one more baby, hopefully two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom