Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tom-and-jerry-tom.gif

Morning all
:caf
Morning Sunshine!
How are the egg layers? Getting the machinery sorted?

My pullets are 21 weeks but aren't squatting. Hoping for eggs this winter.

One flew over the fence yesterday (the skittish one, of course) so I was certain I lost a chicken. Then she flew right back over it. Never landed on the other side of the 6' privacy fence. I was amazed.

I clipped wings last night on half of them. Seems I caused a ruckus in the coop. Other half tonight.

Morning Sunshine!
How are the egg layers? Getting the machinery sorted?

My pullets are 21 weeks but aren't squatting. Hoping for eggs this winter.

One flew over the fence yesterday (the skittish one, of course) so I was certain I lost a chicken. Then she flew right back over it. Never landed on the other side of the 6' privacy fence. I was amazed.

I clipped wings last night on half of them. Seems I caused a ruckus in the coop. Other half tonight.
They are getting there. I think 3 of them are laying now, though one of them laid a couple soft shelled eggs yesterday. I haven't checked them yet today.

I have a couple that I'm sure would have flown away by now if they had the chance. Lol

They are getting there. I think 3 of them are laying now, though one of them laid a couple soft shelled eggs yesterday. I haven't checked them yet today.

I have a couple that I'm sure would have flown away by now if they had the chance. Lol
one egg a day. If you are getting a couple soft shelled, then more than one is doing the deed.

First eggs are so exciting!

Are you by the coast? They love shrimp shells. Good added nutrients and calcium. When I buy shrimp, I get the heads for the chickens. They usually save some for stock makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom