Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I talked on a nextel was when there was all the anthrax in the mail scare (2001). I was on a hazmat unit for the fire department and we got so many calls from people freaking out that communications didn't want to constantly tie up the radio with frivolous stuff so we used the nextels. Every truck had them anyway. No ma'am that's not anthrax thats powdered sugar but thanks for the concern.
We originally got the nextels cause of another concern.
The concern that the 800 band radio system and C.A.D. (computer aided dispatch) was going to go down because of something resetting or something with time stamps in the computers going from 1999 to 2000. Someone had the idea that nextels could work if our radio system went down. Everything was fine though so we used them for communication truck to truck mostly
the absolute best feature on nextels was that the volume buttons on the side of the phone would make your phone ring as they adjusted the volume up or down.

i can’t tell you how many times i pressed those buttons in my pocket, then acted like i was getting an important call so that i could get out of a conversation i didn’t want to be having.

You can't be serious....
lol-rofl.gif

I don't get any channels once the sun sets for some reason or I'd watch more sports. I love college bowl season and March Madness. That's honestly how I got into watching cricket. I could stream that for free through this weird app my hubby found on our smart TV.

Now I'm like, "Did you see India's win over Pakistan last month? They won by a single wicket when they were on their last over!"

And people be like:
View attachment 3339610
Solar powered TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom