Which celebrities have chickens??

Quote:
'Low class citizens'.....hummmmm....well, I'm an elected official and am asked to speak at different events and for clubs throughout the year. In my bio that whomever reads while introducing me, I always include a personal blurb about keeping backyard chickens. I'm not a celebrity but I'm pretty sure that the people that have elected me for 4, four year terms don't think I'm a 'low class citizen'. I'm real sure that I am not...

Your city council member must have a very sheltered existance to be so ignorant. She sounds very feaful that her sophisticated lifestyle may be in jeopardy. You won't change her mind no matter who keeps chickens that she may admire. I'm sure she would think that 'the servants take care of the livestock, far away from the main house', anyway.

Do a search on here for how others have convinced the city to accept chickens and work on the other council members. It just amazes me that such closed minded people get elected to represent us all...sheesh....

I'd vote for you! My dad is a county commissioner and he doesn't think chickens are for lower class people! Mom and him raise 2-3 sets of broilers every year! And I provide them with a dozen eggs from my chickens every week.

Last edited:
barbara streisand was on oprah and oprah visited barbara's home which is just beautiful, it looks country, like barns in a lovely meadow and low and behold running all over her front yards are her chickens freeranging.

John Cleese has chickens! There's a short vid of him letting 2 of his hens in his house on his blog. Google it, it's cute.

Pretty much the whole of England has discovered the idea of chickens as pets, you can thank queen Victoria.
smile.png

Maybe you can contact your local news station and let them know what your city councilwoman said. Bet she wouldn't feel quite so high on her pedestal after she sees the responses of viewers.

Also find some really high priced chickens listed and ask her how any "low class" citizen (whatever that means to her, probably just "poor" unlike herself) could afford to keep these chickens then tell her you have one at home and someone else in your neighborhood has 3, and so and so has 15 ....you get the picture.

Greenfire Farms has pairs of Orpingtons for $1000, among other breeds that look similar to our backyard flocks but cost a ton. Really you could just show the whole website to them and tell her this is what purebred chickens cost just like your stupid little purebred yorkie or whatever lol . I think yorkies are owned by low class people! (yorkie is what I pictured for some unknown reason lol)

Back
Top Bottom