Which chicken laid this egg???

Here is todays prize! What I'm pretty sure is the BCM egg.

102383_imag0011.jpg

no, the first egg was the first BCM egg, with a shell gland misfire, and then the next one was better. No RIR egg is as dark as the first one. Please trust the folks that have been doing this longer. I am also in the veterinary field... please believe me, you can scrub some of the speckles off of welsummer and marans eggs... I've done it many times. But they are much prettier if you leave them.
smile.png
The color is the last coat to go on, so it can vary based on their situation at the time of laying, and it is very obvious with the dark egg layers. Not trying to be a jerk, but folks look up info on the forum, and blood on eggs does not dry like that. Use logic. If there was that much blood, how on earth would it dry without smearing, especially with a chicken rummaging around on it?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5055/5418514264_21f5f5ce74.jpg

Thanks for the photo and the explanation. The one thing that was confusing was the fact that there weren't smears...but everything but that matched up. So I guess I just assumed it would've been blood
sad.png

Seeing that picture of the other eggs put it in perspective though. Thank you!

Quote:
Not to mention that the poor bird would have blood on her feathers and quite possibly be bleeding to death!

Back
Top Bottom