Which coop to buy... help!

New2COchicks

Chirping
May 6, 2020
I am getting 5 brahmas. I can’t tell which coop is best or which coop is too small. I want one that has ventilation and easy to clean... any suggestions? I have looked over many and please don’t tell me to build it myself.

I am getting 5 brahmas. I can’t tell which coop is best or which coop is too small. I want one that has ventilation and easy to clean... any suggestions? I have looked over many and please don’t tell me to build it myself.
Have you considered converting part of a shed into a coop? Or getting a small shed instead?

Nearly all prebuilt coops are not worth buying; to small, too flimsy, pretty useless, especially for five or six standard birds.
A garden shed modified with added ventilation/ hardware cloth covered window openings makes more sense, or a hoop coop, made predator proof, or that wonderful Woods coop design.
Mary

Nearly all prebuilt coops are not worth buying; to small, too flimsy, pretty useless, especially for five or six standard birds.
A garden shed modified with added ventilation/ hardware cloth covered window openings makes more sense, or a hoop coop, made predator proof, or that wonderful Woods coop design.
Mary

Will Lowe’s come out and modify a shed or is there a good plastic shed with ventilation and light. I want it easy to clean

Help us help you :D. Unlimited budget? Big yard? Little yard? Where are you located? All we know is 5 Brahma and you won't/can't build or modify.

Brahma's are bigger birds...will need a bigger coop and run.

Walk in coops are easier to clean, imo.

I would like a budget of 1,000.00, I’m in Colorado, I have a medium size yard but one part is sectioned off for them. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom