Which duck breed will sell best

Windsong Farms

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2021
Hi, I live in West TN and I am trying to choose a breed of ducks to breed and sell. I am torn between saxony and ancona ducks. I would love any opinions on which breed will be easier to sell and will sell for the most money. Thanks so much!

I plan to incubate the eggs
Sorry i thought you were asking what will set best, not sell best. I would say saxony will sell well if you get a strain that lays well. The eggs are big, about 90g is what I'm getting which is great. People balk at the price of big eggs though because they don't realize how much more egg they get. An extra large chicken egg is 55 to 60g.

You can sell either it just depends on marketing. The saxony is apa recognised which will help.

Sorry i thought you were asking what will set best, not sell best. I would say saxony will sell well if you get a strain that lays well. The eggs are big, about 90g is what I'm getting which is great. People balk at the price of big eggs though because they don't realize how much more egg they get. An extra large chicken egg is 55 to 60g.

You can sell either it just depends on marketing. The saxony is apa recognised which will help.
Thanks for the help. I do love saxonys they are so beautiful 😍

Back
Top Bottom