Which egg came from which breed? (pic)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dweej, Aug 15, 2011.

1. dweej

dweej Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Southwest MI
    Look! Our first eggs! Which egg came from which breed? We have a buff orp, production reds, and barred rocks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exciting!

2. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations, but I'm no help on identifying them-[​IMG]

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Do you know? Is this a trick question? You don't say how many of each you have or whether these eggs came from just four hens. On the other hand just be glad they're laying.

Starting clockwise, I'd say Buff, Buff , PR , BR.

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    My BR lay the color of the eggs top and bottom right. My "guess" would be from left to right clockwise starting at 12...BR,BR,Red,BO...

5. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    I can only go on what mine look like the far left is the same color our barred rock layed ,, two days ago and the shell was very matte and almost powder like,, the bottom almost tan one looks like out RIR ones but I think it varies with every chicken I try to time when the eggs come and i will spend alot of time scoping the coop to see who is laying it...[​IMG] great eggs the other two i would say BO

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  6. dweej

dweej Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Southwest MI
    I didn't know for sure, but I think this is the winner..........

Quote:The only one we knew for sure was the lightest one being from the BO (especially because we only have one BO and we have multiples) because that was way later and she was the only one in the coop.

Thank you, everyone! They just turned 20 weeks old so we were starting to get impatient. GREAT DAY! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by