Which end up?

lovinlife

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Deep in the heart of Texas
Howdy! I am on day 8 of my first attempt with my incubator. I just candled and it looks like I have 35 of 36 eggs that are growing chicks! This has been quite a journey with the heating element going out on day 2 and I improvised by using an adjustable lizard heating mat to keep the temp up until a new heating element arrives. It's worked so far. My question is this: the directions with the incubator said to place them in the trays (auto rotates) with the pointy end up. Everything I read says blunt end up. When I candled, the air sac as on the blunt end. Should I turn the eggs pointy end down or leave them pointy end up?
Thanks!

That is odd. Everything I’ve ever heard on incubating also says air sac up, so I don’t know why the instructions would have it the other way around. The eggs are even shaped the way they are so the air sac is slightly elevated if they lay on their sides. What brand is it?

I bought it on amazon a few years ago. It's no longer being sold and there is no information about the company name. Live and learn. I will turn the eggs over and hope for the best. Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom