Which feed is the best out of the three.

joshua k

Chirping
Dec 8, 2021

Last edited:
well I ferment all of their feed. and sorry I put the wrong feed on the post originally but now it's right.

Either of the Murdoch's brand-a hair (and I mean hair) more protein. Just offer oyster shell or calcium on the side. Look to both be crumble (or at least the posts you provided). I do crumble only because we don't stop broody hens so there could be chicks at any given time.

Each are more or less nutritionally equal. I would look at price per pound and freshness - keeping in mind that the nutrena is actually 20% protein not 18% as listed on the site.

In spite of the lower total protein, the Pellets is the superior mixed flock feed. Better Lysine (muscle development, particularly the breast), better Methionine (better connective tissues, digestion), lower total fat, equal on phosphorus content. Don't forget to offer oyster shell or another calcium source free choice in a seperate dish, and fresh clean water at all times.

Oh yeah, and as noted above, pellets generally result in less waste, as well.

and if cost is the primary concer, as @BrooksHatlen sort of suggested above, all of those are adequate choices, and better than plenty of other options on the market.

In spite of the lower total protein, the Pellets is the superior mixed flock feed. Better Lysine (muscle development, particularly the breast), better Methionine (better connective tissues, digestion), lower total fat, equal on phosphorus content. Don't forget to offer oyster shell or another calcium source free choice in a seperate dish, and fresh clean water at all times.

Oh yeah, and as noted above, pellets generally result in less waste, as well.

and if cost is the primary concer, as @BrooksHatlen sort of suggested above, all of those are adequate choices, and better than plenty of other options on the market.
So you would suggest the ( all flock nab nab )

Back
Top Bottom