1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Which hatcheries might have buff orp and light brahmas?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KYBUFF, Mar 16, 2009.

1. KYBUFF

KYBUFF New Egg

Jan 1, 2009
    Shelbyville, KY
    I'm trying to order buff orpington pullets and light brahma pullets and two cockerels. However, I've called several places (Meyer, Mt. Healthy and Cackle) and they're all sold out until May.

Where else should I call to try to get these chicks ordered? I wanted a total of 30 pullets and 2 roosters.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

2. thechickonthehill

thechickonthehill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Sadieville, KY
    Hi fellow Kentuckinan! Have you checked your local TSC? The Georgetown one just got chicks in today and had Light Brahmas. I didn't see any Buff Orps, although their flyer says they will have some. Each store gets different varieties I think so you might get lucky and be able to pick up what you want locally.[​IMG]

3. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Have you checked with McMurray Hatchery? I know they carry both of these breeds.

4. tazzy

tazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    thanks - mcmurray's website says they are sold out of pullets until may. I haven't checked with my local TSC but I might just drive to Georgetown to get those.

5. tazzy

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    oh wait, lol. I used my husband's computer upstairs for my original post and then came down to my computer to check on the thread. didn't realize I was signed in as him upstairs!

sorry! I swear I don't have a dual identity! [​IMG]

6. tazzy

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    Sigh. I called several TSC's, including the one in Georgetown, and they said they didn't have light brahmas.

I'd just go check, since I know the salespeople aren't always chick savvy, but it's an hour away to drive there.

I guess I'll just order and wait until late April for the next delivery most places have available. Has anyone used Cackle? I think I'll order there.

7. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Did you try Privett? That's where my feedstore orders from and I know they have gotten the Brahmas in.

Good luck!

Nancy

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Keep in mind that Privett's prices are " postage paid"

Nancy

9. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I believe Welp also has them.[​IMG]

10. Chickaadee

Chickaadee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    Western Ky
    Try your local Rural King if your Western Ky dont call around until 9am Wed by then I will pick up my 4 little ones.
    Mary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by