Which hatchery did you like best?

I'm partial to Ideal, have had very good luck with them. And for prices, I think they are most fair! Check them out.
thumbsup.gif

I'm ordering from metzer in the spring. I havent ordered from a hatchery before but Ive heard nothing but good things about them.

Depends on what you want--convenience, production quality, show quality, cheap price, ability to order in small quantities, etc.

For quality nobody beats www.holderreadfarm.org, run by Dave Holderread, author of Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks. Best birds I've ever seen or owned. But minimum order is 10, they come unsexed (so you'll probably have to rehome some males), and you have to order by mail.

If you want convenience & good quality birds (but not show quality), Metzer, McMurray, and Ideal are all pretty good choices.

Enjoy! Ducklings are awesome.
smile.png

Well, I ran with the first answer and ordered from Ideal. 4 black runners and 3 pekins. I have 3 fawn & whit erunners in my brooder now. So that should do it. I think. Maybe not.

For quality, Holderread's. For ease of ordering and being able to order sexed ducklings in small qty, Metzer.

Back
Top Bottom