Which hen laid this egg?

samhahn

Songster
5 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Today I found one tiny egg next to usual small white egg I collect from white bantam silkie. I have 5 month of silkie which should lay bigger white egg than small white shown in the photo according to a neighbor who split the silkie with me. Only breed of hens that could lay colored eggs are 9 week isa brown and americanas but both seems too young to lay egg yet or can they lay this early? I got them on Feb 13th from Hoover.

Attachments

• 16187743968918393524539469447521.jpg
    16187743968918393524539469447521.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Today I found one tiny egg next to usual small white egg I collect from white bantam silkie. I have 5 month of silkie which should lay bigger white egg than small white shown in the photo according to a neighbor who split the silkie with me. Only breed of hens that could lay colored eggs are 9 week isa brown and americanas but both seems too young to lay egg yet or can they lay this early? I got them on Feb 13th from Hoover.
Is hoover a good hatchery? I ordered chicks from them they got delayed in shipping and died. Other than that they had great service.

Is hoover a good hatchery? I ordered chicks from them they got delayed in shipping and died. Other than that they had great service.
My personal experience has been very positive with great service after sales. Doesn't matter where you order from, chicks do die during shipping mostly due to weather and shipping delay which no hatchery out there can control.

Silkies lay white/cream eggs. I wouldn't consider that to be a silkie egg.

Hoover's is pretty decent so far. Still waiting for my chicks to grow from them, but I didn't lose a single ch ick when my package arrived on time. However, they made a substitution of the most expensive breed I got with the cheapest breed I got, which was a bit annoying and they didn't tell me my order had been bumped a week.

My personal experience has been very positive with great service after sales. Doesn't matter where you order from, chicks do die during shipping mostly due to weather and shipping delay which no hatchery out there can control.
I have had great customer service from them as well. 6 of the 10 chicks I had ordered died in transit, and I was refunded for them. Just had to email photos and order #.

Silkies lay white/cream eggs. I wouldn't consider that to be a silkie egg.

Hoover's is pretty decent so far. Still waiting for my chicks to grow from them, but I didn't lose a single ch ick when my package arrived on time. However, they made a substitution of the most expensive breed I got with the cheapest breed I got, which was a bit annoying and they didn't tell me my order had been bumped a week.
One of my silkie hens lays light brown eggs, the other hen lays white eggs

Back
Top Bottom