Which Incubator to buy?

Thanks
thumbsup.gif

I'm also trying to decide on an incubator. I just finished my first hatch with a borrowed LG, and after hatching 8 of 20 eggs I have decided that's just not going to work. All the non hatchers developed perfectly then failed to pip due to humidity issues. I'm having a fit trying to decide which incubator to buy. I really want the Brinsea 20 advanced, but I'm having a hard time committing since the price is so high!
You and I are totally on the same page!! I keep coming back to the Brinsea Advance over and over again!! I feel like ti may just be the safest and best investment overall. As others have stated, a cheap incubator isn't cheap if you are losing money by eggs not hatching. I'm looking at $6+ an egg for the breed I am looking at hatching eggs for, thats $72+ a dozen plus roughly $20 shipping. Keeping in mind I would want to due a full bator with eggs from two places to get gene diversity for my flock and be able to put babies the same age together, you're talking double. Thats a lot of money to risk in a cheap incubator.
barnie.gif

maybe try a new hatch with different humidity method such add dry hatch you may see far different results
What do you routinely use for humidity levels? There are so many varying opinions about what humidity should be at. Some people recommend dry (btw thanks for clarifying what dry hatch means to you) while others say 33-40%, others still say 50% and then an increase at the end. It's very confusing. So much difference in opinion!!

What do you routinely use for humidity levels? There are so many varying opinions about what humidity should be at. Some people recommend dry (btw thanks for clarifying what dry hatch means to you) while others say 33-40%, others still say 50% and then an increase at the end. It's very confusing. So much difference in opinion!! 

I like to keep it in the 20s though it will climb to near 40 if I don't keep a close eye on it

You and I are totally on the same page!! I keep coming back to the Brinsea Advance over and over again!! I feel like ti may just be the safest and best investment overall. As others have stated, a cheap incubator isn't cheap if you are losing money by eggs not hatching. I'm looking at $6+ an egg for the breed I am looking at hatching eggs for, thats $72+ a dozen plus roughly $20 shipping. Keeping in mind I would want to due a full bator with eggs from two places to get gene diversity for my flock and be able to put babies the same age together, you're talking double. Thats a lot of money to risk in a cheap incubator. :barnie

Exactly!! Now, after reading this thread I'm torn between the Brinsea and the rcom!

Exactly!! Now, after reading this thread I'm torn between the Brinsea and the rcom!

I just wanted to say that I got the R-com because the turner was integrated, it had good humidity controls and where you add the water for the humidity was all integrated into one unit. One unit with everything.

If I would have gotten the Brinsea with humidity pump and turning cradle it would have cost more. It wouldn't have worked as well away from home. I believe with the Brinsea you have a humidity pad that you have to change with each hatch, an added expense.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I think the Brinsea is a very good incubator. You can't go wrong with it. The R-com just fits our purpose better.

BTW, I have a cheep hovabator that I hatch in as well. It is tough to keep clean but it does work. It works well at home where I can keep an eye on it but not so well where you can't watch it all the time. I have a staggered hatch going on in it now. Cleaning it is a booger.

Last edited:
Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered the Brinsea 20 Advance. Wayfair.com has it on sale for 349.99 with free shipping. I was leaning toward the Rcom, but I couldn't pass up the Brinsea at that sale price. Now I have to find something to do with my time while I wait for it to get here!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered the Brinsea 20 Advanced. Wayfair.com has it on sale for 349.99 with free shipping. I was leaning toward the Rcom, but I couldn't pass up the Brinsea at that sale price. Now I have to find something to do with my time while I wait for it to get here!
wee.gif

Please post pictures when you get it set up, and how you like it after you use it.

Back
Top Bottom