Which Incubator to buy?

idk those egg's where shipped in 40F weather from 8 states away all but one had a detached air cell and my incubator didn't have a thermostat so the temps where all over the place so it could have been me it could have been the shipping all i know is that none of the egg's showed any development and I'm out 40 bucks and no chicks to show for it so i had to settle for no name breeds at the feed store
Thats sucks!! I almost bought eggs on Ebay Sunday, they ended up going for $107 +$17 s&h-all this for only 6 eggs. I'm glad I saw reason and didn't order them. Even though I ordered a Brinsea, I think spending less the first batch just in case there are hiccups is best. I haven't incubated eggs in forever and I plan to be much more involved this time as the eggs are more important to hatch. I think I have realized following breeders on facebook is the best way to get deals on eggs. I found some breeders through websites and the Buy sell trade forum here on BYC. The reality is when they don't sell all their eggs at full price, they do ridiculous last minute deals on their eggs. I scored 6 B/B/S, 3 Black and 3 Lavender or Lavender Cuckoo for only $50 shipped, a normal price of $135 not including shipping.

Incubators can be pricey. I think the Incuview is worth a shot and if I get a second one eventually I may try that.

Last edited:
Thanks so much, I'm all new to this. Good advice.

I understand the concerns of quality with this unit being Chinese but not everything is of inferior quality. i could give a bunch of examples but not going to..I purchased this unit on the advise of a professional animal care sanctuary and I will buy more when the time comes.

I understand the concerns of quality with this unit being Chinese but not everything is of inferior quality. i could give a bunch of examples but not going to..I purchased this unit on the advise of a professional animal care sanctuary and I will buy more when the time comes.
I found really great reviews on it as well, more so than bad. It has nothing to do with it being Chinese but the fact that I found a review stating this model specifically melted someones outlet and could have caused a fire. It could be an isolated incident but its worth mentioning.

The importance of threads like this is to present all the information possible to help people make an informed decision. We should at the very least bring attention to bad reviews just to let people know they exist to better help them do their own research and make up their minds on what they feel is best for them.
smile.png

Quick update on the new Brinsea. I put my miserable shipped eggs with all their scrambled/loose air cells in on Sunday night. I'm not using the auto turn cradle for this hatch since the air cells are all a mess. I have to say I am so far impressed with the Brinsea's ability to quickly reheat after opening. That is a definite plus with all the hand turning I'll be doing! I don't think I'm going to like hatching in it though. It seems so cramped. I guess we shall see!

HI. I am Steve Rericha who Divannah referrenced. I sell rcom units and try to keep prices low and no shipping. Here is my direct site instead of my email if anyone is interested

http://incubatorinventory.com/

I will also let my Korean friend who is VP of Rcom know of the bad Suro reviews to fix whatever problems they may have.

Also, do many of you get your eggs from craigslist locally? I have heard thats a good way to get them with better quality. Maybe ebay has more variety though.

Quick update on the new Brinsea. I put my miserable shipped eggs with all their scrambled/loose air cells in on Sunday night. I'm not using the auto turn cradle for this hatch since the air cells are all a mess. I have to say I am so far impressed with the Brinsea's ability to quickly reheat after opening. That is a definite plus with all the hand turning I'll be doing! I don't think I'm going to like hatching in it though. It seems so cramped. I guess we shall see!

Do you have a link to this new one?

Back
Top Bottom