• Splash

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
I have a small order coming in May, and I'd like to add a Marans to it. I wanted Black Copper, but none are available the week needed.

I'd like to add a dark layer who will also look nice in my yard. I don't yet have any blue chickens, though I have lavender. I do have a splash, but she's a Silkie, so she looks a lil different.

Which should I get:
Blue Cuckoo
BCMS1001-bluecopper.gif

or
Splash?
Blue Splash Maran.jpg

(pics from MPC and Meyer)

Last edited:
I got a BCM from them, she's almost 8 weeks old and twice the size of the BLRW I got. Very pretty little miss. You'll love having a blue bird, they just add something to your flock, I've got a beautiful blue orp, and recently added a blue favacauna. Congrats on your addition, I can't wait to see it! You can always add a splash next year ;)

I thought it looked weird, too, but the description reads "very slight barring." It's the pic I snagged from a hatchery website (MPC, I think). But I ordered a splash.
Interesting. Sounds like they don't know what they are talking about. lol A true Blue Cuckoo Marans should just be blue barred instead of black barred. lol

Sounds like me on Amazon. lol Except I stop to read the reviews. Can people review the breeds on MPC?
Yes, they can! i didn't order from MPC. I ordered from Meyer. I just copied that first pic from MPC. The second I posted in comment #5 is a screenshot from Meyer Hatchery. The birds look similar. Maybe it's the blue? Idk.

Back
Top Bottom