Which one is the best feed for Emden Geese?

Miss CluckyButt

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 5, 2015
Yamhill County, Oregon
I have a pair of Embden Geese, 5 laying hens, 2 pullets and a rooster. Which feed is best for all?
I supplement oyster/egg shells for the layers, but I need to know if there are any special nutritional needs (or avoidances) for the geese.
Thank you.

Mazuri Waterfowl maintenance is the BEST for geese and ducks I think.I've been using it for years. Waterfowl have different needs than chickens. Also geese absorb calcium better from egg shell rather than oyster shell. I save egg shells in a ziplock in the freezer. During laying season for the geese I microwave the shell for 30 sec. to kill any bacteria and then roughly crush in a bowl. The laying geese gobble it up. They know what to do as soon as they see it.Give them as much as they want.

I have 3 gorgeous Emdens girls, 2 Toulouse girls and on wonderfully sweet Toulouse male named Burt. A 50lb bag of Mazuri lasts about 3-4 weeks and in Idaho costs about 40$. All geese free range on mowed field grass during daylight hours. They get feed Mazuri in the coop at night.

We have 3 chickens too. They like a little Mazuri now and then, it won't hurt them a bit.

Back
Top Bottom