Which one?

sophiafur

Chirping
May 22, 2020
i have a 3 and a 1/2 day old welsh harlequin duckling, we are getting it friends but we can choose from them being a week and bit and alot bigger than him or we could wait a week for him to hatch day old ones but by the time we get them he will be a week and abit older than them,What should i pick?

i have a 3 and a 1/2 day old welsh harlequin duckling, we are getting it friends but we can choose from them being a week and bit and alot bigger than him or we could wait a week for him to hatch day old ones but by the time we get them he will be a week and abit older than them,What should i pick?
I am not a expert but I think you should get the week and a bit so your duck doesn't over power the babies and get bullied by the adults.

I personally would just wait. Depending on how your hatch goes, you could have enough babies that he just can't be roo traumatic since there's so many. If you're only planning on hatching one or two though I would get the older ducklings since he's already up and moving so he knows how to get away where day olds won't

I personally would just wait. Depending on how your hatch goes, you could have enough babies that he just can't be roo traumatic since there's so many. If you're only planning on hatching one or two though I would get the older ducklings since he's already up and moving so he knows how to get away where day olds won't
we would only be getting 3 for company, that are all females but he is the only one that hatched out of my 6 eggs and is very precious to me and i wouldn’t want the older ones to be mean to him, but then i wouldnt want him to be mean to the younger ones, so do u think i should just get the older ones? so he is the youngest there?

we would only be getting 3 for company, that are all females but he is the only one that hatched out of my 6 eggs and is very precious to me and i wouldn’t want the older ones to be mean to him, but then i wouldnt want him to be mean to the younger ones, so do u think i should just get the older ones? so he is the youngest there?
Either way if you got other ducks you would have to introuduce them very solwley, how old are the older ducks?

Either way if you got other ducks you would have to introuduce them very solwley, how old are the older ducks?
a week and a bit, he is 3 days. Is there a method on how to introdce them We are thinking of putting a glass sheet in the middle of the massive cardboard box so they can get used to see each other at night and during the day and slowly Let them be together but under are watch.And slowly extend their time together during the day when we let them free roam. If you were in my position what would you do?

a week and a bit, he is 3 days. Is there a method on how to introdce them We are thinking of putting a glass sheet in the middle of the massive cardboard box so they can get used to see each other at night and during the day and slowly Let them be together but under are watch.And slowly extend their time together during the day when we let them free roam. If you were in my position what would you do?
I dont have duck, but with my chickens I would do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom