Which part of the chicken is this (photo)?

kaininito

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 27, 2012
I recently got a couple of Araucan roosters for eating and found these (circled in photo). In one of the birds they were still attached inside the body, opposite the breast ... When cooked they become white, and are quite delicious actually ... However I am at a loss what they are exactly... thanks for any info.

Quite the delicacy in asian cuisine!
Actually they used to be a delicacy in this section of the country also. Thirty or forty years ago, a great way to attract folks to raise money at benefit dinners was to serve chicken or turkey fries.
droolin.gif

They are very fatty and cats/dogs/adventurous humans find them quite tasty with just a few minutes sauteing in a frying pan. A drib or drab of hot sauce or salsa would probably go well.

I include them with the giblets but usually I just boil the giblets for the dog. You could prep the ordinary giblets however you want and saute these or even throw a few breadcrumbs in with 'em....

No reason to throw them out.

They could even be served to company....as long as the company has a strong sense of humor!!!!!!

If you know someone who is a late riser, tell them that these are what gives the rooster his crow at 5:15 am....

Back
Top Bottom