Which thermometer and hygrometer are you using?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conny63malies, Mar 30, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I was just wondering which you all using.
    I got me a thermo/hygrometer combo from Accurite.It cost like 12$ at Walmart. It has a corded probe that i hung into the bator, just above the eggs. But i also put the thermometer that came with the bator in too.
    Should i use a seperate hygrometer or are those combo thingys fine??

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I use a springfield. Used it for both hatches. I just taped mine to the top of the bator and put the probe in storage

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I have the acu-rite from Walmart-it seems to work pretty well.

4. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    A bunch [​IMG]

I am a *thermometer slut*

I have an Amprobe THWD-2 Psychrometer. This is hightly accurate and consequently expensive. It is very good for checking everything else.

I have a Springfield Temp/RH meter (Walmart $6) which is decent and sits in the incubator.

Various other In/Out thermometers, and I calibrate them all with digital medical thermometers (2, and cheap but very accurate in the range we need).

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Using an Accu-rite here also and love it! Got it at WalMart for $11 or 12.00.

Dawn

6. PARKBOY

PARKBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    LEBANON, KY
    Would somone please post a pic of the walmart thermometer so i know exactly which one to use? I went there today to get one but i think i was looking at the wrong ones. thanks

7. jacca5

jacca5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Hodgenville, KY
    yes I am fixing to incubate a batch of eggs and am also curious what the wal-mart thermometer looks like.

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I use a Flukers.

9. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Where do you find them at walmart. I've looked in the pet and the garden section and still I can't find one. Are they in the cooking section?

10. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:My Springfield was in the section of hardware selling rain gauges, etc. It was $6

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by