Which thermometer do I trust?

WaddleWaddle

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 1, 2013
Culpeper, VA
I am using the IncuView incubator which comes with a thermometer. I am also using a digital thermometer/hydrometer. I calibrated both and they were within one degree of each other. Both probes are positioned next to each other at the same location vertically. I noticed over the past two days that the Incuview's thermometer will read 99.6 and my other thermometer will read 103! Big difference! I recalibrated and they are still reading the same. Which do I trust?

I am using the IncuView incubator which comes with a thermometer. I am also using a digital thermometer/hydrometer. I calibrated both and they were within one degree of each other. Both probes are positioned next to each other at the same location vertically. I noticed over the past two days that the Incuview's thermometer will read 99.6 and my other thermometer will read 103! Big difference! I recalibrated and they are still reading the same. Which do I trust?

I would trust neither!
If you want an accurate thermometer that you could trust your chicks life with get one of these. But before you use it replace the battery ( LR- 44 ) or 357 battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271440189701?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_651wt_900

I had 4 different thermometers and all had different readings, so I bought one that looks like an egg from ebay and all of my chicks are hatching fine. This one reads the temp in the egg so it gives an accurate reading. Try it , you wont be disappointed.

Egg-O-Meter | EGG Incubator Hatching Thermometer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Egg-O-Meter-EGG-Incubator-Hatching-Thermometer-Bird-/271088192998?
pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f1e1d8de6

$(KGrHqNHJC0FCy6RynU6BQ0et5)uEg~~60_14.JPG

Does your thermometer have a probe or you put it as is in the incubator next to the incuvew probe ?

I have 2 digital themometers and hygrometers, 1 analog Thermometer, and 1 analog hygrometer measuring my eggs in my present hatch. (I am on my 1st hatch day 17)

The only problem is that NONE of them agree... and they are 2 full degrees F off in disagreement.

I even did the 32degree ice water test with the same results.
no...none of them can be adjusted/recalibrated....

Im running on an average of all 3... which stinks ...

soooo, deeply annoyed, I just purchased this:
(waiting for it in the mail... it will arrive too late...)

IncuTherm Plus™ Hatch Monitor

What do you guys think of this product?

The other one I have is this one...
and it is Stupid SLOW, like hours slow to adjust, and I have no idea if it is correct...

Back
Top Bottom