Which two breeds would you like to see more of readily on the market?

RACHELLE85

Songster
7 Years
Feb 5, 2013
I'mm selling my various breeds and trying to decide which two I want to focus on repopulating the earth a.k.a my backyard with. I want something that is dual purpose and also has that wow factor that will bring more money and catch peoples interest. I have a pair of salmon faverolles that Im currently working with. And I'm also very interested in buckeyes right now.
What are some of your ides on breeds and why?

I'mm selling my various breeds and trying to decide which two I want to focus on repopulating the earth a.k.a my backyard with. I want something that is dual purpose and also has that wow factor that will bring more money and catch peoples interest. I have a pair of salmon faverolles that Im currently working with. And I'm also very interested in buckeyes right now.
What are some of your ides on breeds and why?
Good question. I will be making my first purchase soon and have narrowed it down to buff orpington's. My girlfriend is terrified of chickens and pretty much anything else that moves (even starfish) and my research says this is a very docile breed that is good with children.

Can anyone give their recommendations and pros/cons with the buffs?

My property borders a major hwy and I've been told the buffs will not linger to far from home, do I need to be concerned about causing an accident when I allow the buff's to free range?

Thank You All

I'm going to encourage Faverolles because I love them too! They lay thru the winter, are super sweet, and so pretty.

I have buffs and I love them. They are very docile and friendly. Good mommas and egg layers good meat birds. Mine stay pinned in but I live on a major hwy too and I let my roosters out that are extras and they do stay in the road people drive buy and honked and even stopped and knocked on my door to tell me they were out, so we got rid of them. Faverolles are also excellent chickens too own and as welll very docile and friendly!

Back
Top Bottom