Which Would B The Better Egg "Machine"?

We got Amber Links from Tractor Supply, and they are by far the best layers we have, we only have 5 of this breed, but they lay almost every day, probably 28 out 30 days.

I found Amberlinks on Mt. Healthy Hatchery's website, but they do not say which breeds are used to produce Amberlinks.

Do you know which breeds are used to produce Amberlinks?

We got Amber Links from Tractor Supply, and they are by far the best layers we have, we only have 5 of this breed, but they lay almost every day, probably 28 out 30 days.

The OP is located on a south Atlantic Island nation. I doubt there is a Tractor Supply near by, but who knows?
wink.png
The Amberlink isn't a breed, it is strain of commercial hybrid.

I found Amberlinks on Mt. Healthy Hatchery's website, but they do not say which breeds are used to produce Amberlinks.

Do you know which breeds are used to produce Amberlinks?

The AmberLink is a commercial strain of ISA/DeKalb hybrid layer. The parent stock of commercial birds is typically a 4 way cross, not merely a simple 2 way cross of known breeds. Lots of research goes into these commercial birds. It is a selectively bred commercial pullet and normally are patented and no one is ever going to say what makes them up. http://www.isapoultry.com/en/Products/Dekalb.aspx

Last edited:
There's a reason I don't like them. I don't know how they were created, and they are patented by a corporation.

I'll just take good old breeds that consistently lay eggs and that can be bred to produce more like them. The simple, old-fashioned way.

smile.png
I will just stick with my known pure breeds thank you very much! I had Golden Comets for a short 6 months. One of them jumped off the top of the fence and seemed to tweak her leg a bit. Before she could stand up and shake it off her flock mates surrounded and viciously killed her! It didn't take but about 3 seconds and she was gone! Those birds left here 2 days later. I will not have that sort of behavior in my barnyard!

Last edited:
White Leghorn and my Sexlink are the best!! I've herd people say White Leghorns are aggressive but all the ones I've had have been just fine with all different breeds.

smile.png
I will just stick with my known pure breeds thank you very much! I had Golden Comets for a short 6 months. One of them jumped off the top of the fence and seemed to tweak her leg a bit. Before she could stand up and shake it off her flock mates surrounded and viciously killed her! It didn't take but about 3 seconds and she was gone! Those birds left here 2 days later. I will not have that sort of behavior in my barnyard!

That sounds like something out of a horror movie. Those are some vicious chickens.

Back
Top Bottom