1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

which would be the best

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, Oct 11, 2011.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    i have a hen rosey that by vets instructions because of egg prob. she is limited to 4-6 hrs of light a day to try to break the egg cycle. which would be better? take her out in the mornings and bring her in mid day or, take her out mid day and bring her in at her reg. bed time? i though about breaking it up into morning for half and evening for the otyher half. but kinda decided to just do it all at one time. i just dontr know whcih would be better.

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I don't think it really matters. I think which ever time would work the best for you is the way to go. She'll adapt either way.

If she was mine, I'd try to give her a half hour at the other time, just to eat, drink and poo. That way she won't have to fast, go without water and hold her poo for so long. Is she strong and in good shape or weak?

Poor girl. How long does the vet want you to do this?

3. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    Quote:she is in good shape and seems to be doing better day by day. the vet said to do this til the 2nd week of nov. i let her out in my bathroom to eat drink and visiti with her. i thought about breaking it down in 2 parts half in the morning and half in the evening.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by