Which would you get? partridge rock or blue laced red wyandotte

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
I've got a broody and I know someone not far from me that has got both breed in the incubator set to hatch tomorrow. I'm trying to decide which breed to place under my broody. I could get a couple of each, but I want to know what your preference would be and why. I've got 2 Barred rock hens and just LOVE them but I love the look of those blue and red feathers.

I vote for the blue laced red wyandotte....just because I think they're BEAUTIFUL. Wyandottes are nice, friendly chickens and good layers too. Truthfully, I don't know alot about the other breed.....

I love all my wyandottes....I'd vote for them.
smile.png

I'm leaning in the direction of the BLRW myself. They're just tooo pretty and it sounds like their nice also!
wee.gif

When looking at the chicks is there any way to tell the males from females? Some of the pics of the chicks I see the females look a little lighter in color.

Last edited:
If you really can't get both (I would love to have either, better both!!!!)....well, that's a tough one. I have GLW's and a Barred Rock. I love both breeds.....but I love the looks of the Wyandottes and I would take the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte if I had to choose.....
I'd love to get a couple of those girls!!!!!!
smile.png

If the Partridge Rocks were good quality, I would go with them becuase I love rocks and the partridge is a rare variety and needs more people to work with them.

What part of Ga, are you from ? I'm in south Ga. Berrien County

Wyandottes,.. why? Because wyandottes have nice dispositions, are good layers, are attractive, and are less common (generally).

Besides, even the breed name is fun to say...

Although, I am quite partial to the white wyandotttes and the SLW myself....

I think it also depends on what you are planning on doing with them. Are you going to eat them. If so, I would go with the Partridge Rocks.
I love my BLRW though and am glad I have them. Wouldn't mind having some Partridge Rocks too though.

Back
Top Bottom