Which would you pick?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by StarLover21, Dec 1, 2011.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    If I were to get two bantams...what assortment would you pick from below?

A. Blue/Black/ Splash Silkie + Mottled Cochin (I think I'd like Cochins, I just don't like this coloring as much)
    B. Blue/ Black/ Splash Silkie + Black Frizzle Cochin ( yeah they're cute, but they're a little....odd)
    C. White Silkie + Black Silkie
    D. Silkie + Buff Brahama
    E. Cochin + Buff Brahama
    F. Other (please specify!)

Thanks!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Such a personal choice, but I like the silkie, and frizzle cochin combination. I just happen to have one of each of those. I just love them!

Sharon

3. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    I like Old English Game bantams: they're sleek and elegant looking, easy to find and easy to keep, and they come is so many wonderful colors.

4. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Dark cornish and buff brahama. oegb are nice to. japanese are really friendly, auracanas give you colored eggs while consuming less feed and well....i dont think i'm being of much help. lol

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  5. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Quote:x2 and they are friendly little birds, and great mothers.

6. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Old English and a Silkie.

7. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    i have only owned oegb and japanese, i'd choose oegb hands down if i were to get more bantams. mine went broody and was a great mother, full of attitude and personality and pretty. i dont get more because straight combes freeze here where i am and i dont like to dub mine. oh, i've had sumatra bantams to.

8. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    Quote:Are you ordering from the mpc site? I only ask because...they opened their ordering today...and that sounds like their inventory.... If so you might have to remove some of those choices. I don't see availability for the Mottled Cochin or the Frizzle...I didn't check all of the others and I don't know if they will add more availability later...but so far out of my seven mixed bantams I like my araucanas the best...(unfortunately you won't find those at mpc... ;-( )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by