White…Cuckoo Maran?

I'm starting to think your Blue Cochins might include some Blue Cuckoo Cochins.

If the Smokey Pearls have some blue hiding in them as well (since Dominant White can hide blue), I might have expected that to be obvious by now, since you have been hatching chicks from them. (Depending on how much you know which chicks come from which eggs come from which hens.)

Or else one of your other chickens has a very dark blue instead of actual black. But if that was one of the roosters, it should show up in chicks from other hens too.

I don't remember seeing a photo of your Cookies & Cream rooster. Is there any chance he has barring? Or any chance that the Cuckoo Marans rooster could be the father of any of the blue barred chicks?
At the time of these blues and the white with black barring we didn’t have any of our cuckoos in there except our few cuckoo girls so therefore we had a lot of barred boys. This was one out of our first hatches in Sept! The only barring to my knowledge was the ghost barring in the Smokey pearls. (So we got paint girls and barred boys in first pic) and then our cuckoo girls so we got barred boys and black girls mainly.

Attachments

• IMG_8015.jpeg
    IMG_8015.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7817.jpeg
    IMG_7817.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7798.jpeg
    IMG_7798.jpeg
    841.7 KB · Views: 2
I am thinking he looks like my Barred Rock x White Leghorn cross. He could be that, defiantly not a Cuckoo Maran.
That could explain the option of the Smokey Pearl x Cuckoo? But with both parents being barred I think I would get sex linked barred boys.

Back
Top Bottom