White Australorp?

Tomorrow I'll do better pictures: they all have dark/slate legs except for the white one, which have yellow (maybe greenish) legs and is the bigger and the friendliest one... so it could be a male (but I'm not so sure!).
Do you happen to know what color are supposed white Australorp legs and beak to be?
A lot of times white and splash birds are born with sort of greenish gray legs that eventually darken but never as dark as their slate legged counterparts! My white d’Anver and my Splash Ameraucana both started out pretty greenish and are not much darker like SOP. It does indeed look like it may be male, since the legs are fairly good sized and its stance is quite upright—but who knows 😆 You will have to post updates! My SOP doesn’t discuss white Australorps, but White Orpingtons should have pinkish white legs so 🤷🏼‍♀️

White Australorps are uncommon, but they do occur.

The Australian standard include the white: http://www.openpoultrystandards.com/Australorp
Thank you, this is what I was searching for! I couldn't find any info about what a white Australorp should look like!
Barnyard mixes. Australorps have white skin.
I guess they are mixes (those yellow legs can't be right!), but I'm not sure what you mean: their skin seems pretty white to me... but I never paid attention to skin color and I'm totally uneducated about it! I can't find any "chicken skin chart" online! 😅 Do you see a different skin color in the pictures? I'm just tryng to learn!

Thank you, this is what I was searching for! I couldn't find any info about what a white Australorp should look like!

I guess they are mixes (those yellow legs can't be right!), but I'm not sure what you mean: their skin seems pretty white to me... but I never paid attention to skin color and I'm totally uneducated about it! I can't find any "chicken skin chart" online! 😅 Do you see a different skin color in the pictures? I'm just tryng to learn!
The legs are yellow. That's the color of their skin. Sometimes legs can have a wash of color over them. In that case, check bottoms of feet for skin color.

I spoke with the person who gave me the chicks and she told me that they can't be mixes, because she keep them isolated from others breeds. She is sure that there have been no incidents. I guess they could be poor quality Australorp? She also sent me some pictures of her birds:
IMG-20230207-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230207-WA0001.jpg
Any thoughts? Anyway, I'm going to keep all the chicks, I'm not a breeder and I keep chickens just for fun, I already have barnyard mixes, I am just curious! 😊

Back
Top Bottom