White Ayam Cemani Chick?¿?

Pics
They're very pretty. But, I don't see how thay can call them ayam cemani. In Indonesian, ayam means chicken. Cemani means completely black. The rooster has what would be considered an unacceptable amount of red leakage on the head too.

They're very pretty. But, I don't see how thay can call them ayam cemani. In Indonesian, ayam means chicken. Cemani means completely black. The rooster has what would be considered an unacceptable amount of red leakage on the head too.
Well technically if they discended from normal cemanis you could still call them that. Plus they are still black on their skin and insides

Well technically if they discended from normal cemanis you could still call them that. Plus they are still black on their skin and insides
Well, OK, if that's the law. But if a Rhode Island Red sport came out white would you still call it a Rhode Island Red?

Last edited:
Hello All,

I am new to the community here but not new to breeding. Recently I’ve stumbled across this gorgeous little white feathered chick out of about 50 Ayam Cemani Eggs. I’ve tried to find more info about white genes transferring but all I can find is possible feathering and spots, nothing about all white chicks. Currently the chick is a few days old and spunky as all hell lol. All black features, skin, feet, eyes etc., but hair is completely white. If anyone has stumbled across this I’d love to learn a little bit more.

This is called a Ayam Cemani Puith. Which is extremely rare! You have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a white Ayam Cemani. We too got lucky and hatched one a few years back and created the "Zombie Chicken" breedline using a Puith x Ayam breed lines. If you get this message please reach out to "The Zombie Chicken Chick" on Facebook! We are looking for more zombie breeders to join us in getting the zombie breed recognized by the APA if your interested!

Hello All,

I am new to the community here but not new to breeding. Recently I’ve stumbled across this gorgeous little white feathered chick out of about 50 Ayam Cemani Eggs. I’ve tried to find more info about white genes transferring but all I can find is possible feathering and spots, nothing about all white chicks. Currently the chick is a few days old and spunky as all hell lol. All black features, skin, feet, eyes etc., but hair is completely white. If anyone has stumbled across this I’d love to learn a little bit more.

This is called a Ayam Cemani Puith. Which is extremely rare! You have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a white Ayam Cemani. We too got lucky and hatched one a few years back and created the "Zombie Chicken" breedline using a Puith x Ayam breed lines. If you get this message please reach out to "The Zombie Chicken Chick" on Facebook! We are looking for more zombie breeders to join us in getting the zombie breed recognized by the APA if your interested!

Back
Top Bottom