White Bearded Silkie Breeders?

diamondsilkies

Songster
Oct 23, 2017
Southern Arizona
As mentioned in an earlier post, I sold a lot of my lower quality silkies in anticipation for a large silkie order from a local breeder. Long story short, it ended up being a scam. I did get five birds from her, though. One passed away, and I ended up with two hens and two roos. I decided to sell a rooster with one of the hens as a breeding pair.

Anyways, I'm looking to build up my breeding flock again. Some of the birds I sold were older and not really great for breeding anymore, so I guess the silver lining of this is that it gave me an opportunity to get some better quality, young birds! What I currently have that I plan on keeping are two pairs of silkies, one pair of pet quality and one pair of breeding quality. I'm hoping to get birds from all over the country, which should be fun!

I'm looking for breeders who breed white bearded silkies with a good reputation for both customer service and high quality birds. I've already had a few people reach out to me on BYC with birds for sale, after reading my first post, so thank you to them!

I'm planning to get some eggs/chicks from Magnolia Silkies and Grey Hill Silkies either later this month or in the spring, depending on weather. Any opinions on their birds? If you breed silkies or have any good recommendations, I'm all ears! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom