White chick with black spots...

I've hatched several that look like this recently. My hens are black Australorps and ISA browns. I have 2 roosters that are both chocolate orpington. I don't know which hens the chicks are from.

Please Keep us updated with photos would love to see what it looks like as it gets older

I've hatched several that look like this recently. My hens are black Australorps and ISA browns. I have 2 roosters that are both chocolate orpington. I don't know which hens the chicks are from.
I hatched the same looking chicks this April. I crossed lavender orpington roo to bovan brown hen.

I got 3 black chicks and 5 white with the black dots. I will try to get pics
One of my white chicks with black spots now has a red breast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-211435.png
    Screenshot_20210614-211435.png
    869.5 KB · Views: 85

This little cutiepie popped out of an egg today and I'm curious if it's possible to peg down who the parents are? I have multiple possible daddies, but only a couple hen possibilities.

Possible moms: Production Red or White Jersey Giant.

Possible dads: White Jersey Giant, Wheaten Easter Egger Bantam, Rhode Island Red Bantam, White Silkie Bantam, Blue Cochin Bantam, or Wheaten Cubalaya Bantam. (Yes, I know...I'm working on cutting bacj on my roos, ha ha)

The chick's legs are yellow and there are no extra toes, so I'm guessing that would cross off the Silkie and probably the Jersey Giant and Easter Egger too(since both have tintee legs)? And no feathered feet, so there goes the cochin too.
I bought 6 Delaware chicks from a store and 3 of them have spots one is like yours and the other 2 just have black spot on their head SUPPOSED to be Delaware hens..lol

I just hatched a bunch of chicks and 6 came out identical to this. The rooster is a Barred Rock and hen is Golden Comet

They are Paint.
When Dominant White is crossed with Black (including Black based such as Blue, Lavender, Chocolate, etc.) the result is Paint. I'm not sure about crossing it with other colors.
Dominant White is just a big dilution gene - white birds have a red or black base.
So, it's like using a bottle of Whiteout, the Paint chicks don't have enough to cover and the black shows in random places.
Red is not covered well so if there are genes for red it will come through a lot more.

I didn't know about it either, until I asked one of our BYC genetic gurus.
I crossed my Black Mottled rooster with White Leghorns and they all came out Paint... some with only the barest hint of spots and some with lots of spots.

Back
Top Bottom