White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

Pics
It's not just eggs. A friend of mine sent me a beautiful ceramic figurine a couple of years ago, and it was marked "Fragile, handle with care" all over the box. The PO literally dropped it on my doorstep (they didn't know my son was home at the time and watching them from the window... they didn't even knock on the door, but he heard someone on the porch and looked out the curtain and saw the whole thing). The mail carrier literally DROPPED the box from waist height to the concrete porch, and it made an audible "crunch" when she dropped it!!! Then she ran to her mail truck and drove on to the next house.

When I reported the incident to the USPS, they seemed completely un-interested (yet the government wonders why the USPS is losing money/bankrupt).

Dear Uncle Sam: There's your reason right there. Take it to heart.

I have 3 young pair of Large Fowl White Faced Black spanish for sale at this time. I can bring to the crossroads show. 25.00 per pair! Money must be sent prior to taking to the show. Or I can ship.

Quote:
I have recieved and shipped alot of eggs and I have found the best non broken/undamaged eggs came in boxes that were not marked at all. lets keep the PO guessing and not tell them if you drop it/ throw it, it will break.
and since you are all talking about WF black spanish- I just made this for a client.

1961_eggs_007.jpg

Quote:
thank you. I am working on these in a sun catcher as well because I just can't ship the stones without breakage and they are very heavy.

Lemme know when you have the sun catchers available and how much they'll be. Awesome, awesome artwork!

We are down to 3 white faced blue Spanish eggs. Everything else was a bust.
sad.png

We are scheduled to start hatching next Friday. With my stupid luck, they'll all be cockerels.

I live in the UK and I am trying to find a pair of white faced black spanish birds, or even if any on has eggs or chicks available!

We had zero hatch. I think the eggs were just too jumbled up by the post office. We were really bummed, and now I can't get Jim Bell to answer my e-mails and ship me some chicks.

We are doing really well with our WFBS chicks from Ideal, though. They are getting BIG. At almost 4 months of age, they are developing excellent white faces and good body shape/type.

These are excellent quality birds for being hatchery stock, though I will confess that one of the cockerels has like practically no tail feathers. I don't think the other boys in the pen have pulled out his tail feathers because I never saw any grow in. He was the last one to hard-feather, though, so maybe he's just a little behind.

I'll try to get some good pictures of them in the next 1-2 days and upload them.

I have a WFBS banty cockerel. He's nuts. Fights me, bites me, runs from me. And I raised him tenderly from his chicks days
hu.gif
He has a beautiful tail, though, when he's not molting, and he takes fairly good care of his pullets. Don't have a picture currently, but might get one. Not sure though because we plan on giving him away....

They are flighty and aggressive birds, which is why we are discontinuing all our other breeding programs and focusing on these.

I love the banties and hear they can be mean as spit, especially the males. Mine are large fowl, though. I have never met a bantam rooster that wasn't mean and aggressive, though. We had to put down a beautiful splash cochin bantam rooster because he killed 3 chickens at our house, then I rehomed him & he killed 3 chickens at Linda's house (thought maybe he would be less aggressive in a larger flock, so I gave him to Linda/gryeyes, but he was aggressively trying to breed/rape the other chickens and injured several with broken necks). We went over and put him down when he killed one of her most affectionate pullets.

The first rooster that ever flogged me and tore up my leg was one of Linda's sebright roos.

I had no aggression problems with my d'uccle, though. He's the only bantam I ever had that didn't turn evil.

Back
Top Bottom