WHite gross stuff in back of ROOS throat!!! Laryngo?????

can u get a pic on here?...it will help them tell u what is wrong..sorry about the roo!..
sad.png

Quote:
Yes I do have a few pigeons in the coop

I guess the vinegar water with and old penny will release copper sulfate, if that is what he has. I know i read that on here sometime. I hope he has that, because at least I can treat it.

o thank you all. I will update. If he doesnt get better I am wondering if I should even keep chickens. There are too many illness' and maybe I should just cull the flock.
hmm.png

keep your chickens away from the pigeons (especially do not house in the same building):
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/UW117
(excerpt)
".... Pigeons have been long associated with disease organisms transmissible to humans and livestock. These include: 13 bacterial diseases including salmonellosis ( Salmonella food poisoning), fowl typhoid, paratyphoid, pasteurellosis , streptococcosis , and tuberculosis ; five fungal diseases including aspergillosis, blastomycosis and histoplasmosis ; six protozoan diseases including toxoplasmosis and coccidiosis; chlamydiosis ; the rickettsial disease Q Fever; eight viral diseases including eastern equine and St. Louis encephalitis, Newcastle disease and fowl pox of poultry; the tapeworms in the genus Taenia, Davainea proglottina, and Railletina tetragona ; four genera of parasitic nematodes of poultry including Tetramares (2 sp.), Capillaria (5 sp.), and Acuaria spiralis ; and 14 parasitic flukes of poultry, livestock, and humans.

Pigeons are generally a more serious disease vector to livestock, especially poultry and egg producers, than to humans....."

Trichomaniasis is quite common in pigeons and here is info (including treatment meds):
http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/201400.htm

Last edited:
There are lots of illness associated with any keeping of animals. Milk is pasturized today because TB was being spread through milk and hogs can pass I think up to 14 different diseases to humans through contact, as long as you practice good biosecurity measures your losses to illness will be very, very limited.

Back
Top Bottom