white hardboard

fiddlebanshee

Songster
10 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
I'm getting close to finishing the interior of the coop. I have installed a vinyl remnant from a carpet store on the floor and we will install windows, popdoor and eggdoors on the weekend. Before I start putting in all the other stuff (nestboxes, roosts) I wonder if I should do something to the walls. They are studs with T111 now. I wonder if this white hardboard (4x8ft, 1/8" thick):

ca3858c1-8100-4f38-9319-ae7d783c8d80_300.jpg

would give a nice washable interior surface. It would also reflect some more light and it would save me the hassle of having to prime and paint. Any reason I should not do this?

TIA.

Is it that really flimsy, white paneling type board??? I used something similar in both my coops, and I like how easy it is to wipe down/clean. The only downside I've found is that it scratches up a bit easily. This is the "paneling" in my bantam coop (it's also what I used on top of my dropping board).
37862_march_11_002.jpg

And inside my main coop - I ran white duct tape over the seams where sheets where joined together:
37862_chickens_11_weeks_009.jpg

Yep, that's it. It is only 1/8" thick. I think it'll work, I'll have to ask HD to cut it down to smaller size as it won't fit in the car otherwise but that's fine, I can piece it together again, and the coop is not 8' tall anyway. 4'x6' will work and I think that'd fit in the car. My poopboard will be an old countertop piece (32"x5') with washingmachine pans on top. So I'm thinking this only for the walls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom