white laced red cornish

rebeccamariemiller

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 9, 2008

Here are some pictures of my white laced red cornish hens, not the best pictures but they wouldn't hold still.

I hatched one of their eggs out but sadly the chick died during the night. I'm going to keep trying though.

Do they live in those circumstances permanently? If so, that could be a cause of chick mortality right there. Grass has vitamin A in it among other healthy things including of course chlorophyll which detoxes them, and is known to aid in fertility and reproductive success; vitamin A is rather often referred to by vets as the paramount reproductive-aid vitamin. The black of their poops isn't black, which doesn't mean they're not healthy enough, it just means they could be a little healthier. But of course that all depends on diet. They're interesting looking birds. I thought they were just for meat, or do you breed them for meat? Best wishes.

I'm hoping to hatch out some that can be meat birds eventually. They are only in the barn because it is winter and I didn't want them to have to deal with the harsh cold we've been having. They will be back outside come spring. And their cage will be cleaner soon too.

Go over to Hathitrust digital library look up a book. the author is card .the title is "breeding laws". Http://www.hathitrust.org
it was written by a poultry judge who was the creator of the white laced red Cornish. it describes the history how it was created and what a good one looks like . Fully keyword searchable .can read online for free .one of my very fav poultry books.
Best,
Karen

Hi,
If you want to know who has the best White Laced Red Cornish, you need to contact Walt Leonard . Walt is Chairman of the APA Standards Committee and veteran breeder/judge. He and his friend Bob Jones bred Ch. White Laced Red Cornish. He's a very nice man and a legend in the poultry Community. On BYC he is: fowlman01 .
Go to his www.rosecomb.com website:
1. click on :
exotic fowl; Walt Leonard's site
2. Click on: yellow rooster to enter exotic fowl site
3. Click on: Land Fowl : Large
Scroll to bottom of the page and
4. Click on : Jones and Leonard : Large Fowl
Then you'll see a series of pictures of the beautiful White Laced Red Cornish they bred. Use those birds as a yardstick for correct breed type when you select your own Birds.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
THX Karen, I'll take a look - good advice! .....
Went and looked at hathitrust. the first book suggested I found Dark and White Cornish - musta missed the laced - any suggestions as to the author's name?

Just now saw your second post - I'm heading over there now!

Author's name is Wetherell Henry Card.
He was known as Wid Card. just stick "Card" and "Breeding Laws"in the Hathitrust search engine. Choose " full view" . that is their default setting for viewing lit.
Karen

Hum it's there.
Check Post 6 again. I numbered the steps and added step two. maybe that was the problem.
best Karen

Back
Top Bottom