White Legbar Hatching Eggs

GaryDean26

Chicken Czar
12 Years
Dec 22, 2011
Cypress, TX
My Coop
My Coop
We have White Legbars. Hatching eggs for these are hard to find. Myers Hatchery was offering Frost White Sport Legbars day-old chicks for over $75 each plus shipping last spring and are offering them at $51 each straight run plus shipping this spring (see their information HERE).

We are offering 6+ hatching eggs for $50 shipped or one dozen for $75 shipped.

Send a PM for payment information if you are interested.

White Legbars lay eggs are as blue as Cream Legbars. Some people felt that White Legbars lay bluer eggs suggesting that the gene that blocks the color in their feathers also black the brown bloom on the shell of eggs. That has NOT been our experience. We have not observed eggs any bluer from the White Legbars than what we get from our Cream Legbars.

Blue Egg -96 x 270(1).jpg

White legbars that are cross with Cream Legbars that do not carry the recessive white gene will be 100% cream. All of their offspring will carry the recessive white gene. When a carrier of the white gene is breed to a White Legbar 50% of their offspring will be white ad 50% cream.

The White Legbars have crests like the Cream Legbars do.
IMG_4247.JPG

The White Legbars can NOT be color sexes at hatch like Cream Legbars. After 3-4 weeks the cockerels and the pullets can be sorted because the cockerels will have grown combs and the pullets will not.
2017 white pair.jpg

2017 Cockerel I.jpg

For more more information on us and our farm see our Profile Page on LocalHens.com HERE

We have White Legbars. Hatching eggs for these are hard to find. Myers Hatchery was offering Frost White Sport Legbars day-old chicks for over $75 each plus shipping last spring and are offering them at $51 each straight run plus shipping this spring (see their information HERE).

White Legbars lay eggs are as blue as Cream Legbars. Some people felt that White Legbars lay bluer eggs suggesting that the gene that blocks the color in their feathers also black the brown bloom on the shell of eggs. That has NOT been our experience. We have not observed eggs any bluer from the White Legbars than what we get from our Cream Legbars.

View attachment 1331396

White legbars that are cross with Cream Legbars that do not carry the recessive white gene will be 100% cream. All of their offspring will carry the recessive white gene. When a carrier of the white gene is breed to a White Legbar 50% of their offspring will be white ad 50% cream.

View attachment 1331395

The White Legbars can NOT be color sexes at hatch like Cream Legbars. After 3-4 weeks the cockerels and the pullets can be sorted because the cockerels will have grown combs and the pullets will not.View attachment 1331393

View attachment 1331394
For more more information on us and our farm see our Profile Page on LocalHens.com HERE

Do u still sell these? And do u have or know anyone that might have a starter rooster (frost white legbar) for sale?

We do not have any white legbar breeding groups set up at this time. We are currently hatching Colombina Plymouth Rocks and Black Copper Marans. We have all of our Legbars in a single flock right now (Crele and Cream Legbars with white carriers. Once we are done hatching Marans and Plymouth Rock we will split out the Crele and Cream Legbars (with possible white carriers). We will not be setting up any white Legbar breeding group this spring though.

We do not have any white legbar breeding groups set up at this time. We are currently hatching Colombina Plymouth Rocks and Black Copper Marans. We have all of our Legbars in a single flock right now (Crele and Cream Legbars with white carriers. Once we are done hatching Marans and Plymouth Rock we will split out the Crele and Cream Legbars (with possible white carriers). We will not be setting up any white Legbar breeding group this spring though.
Thank you for the quick reply.

View attachment 1331396

View attachment 1331395

The White Legbars can NOT be color sexes at hatch like Cream Legbars. After 3-4 weeks the cockerels and the pullets can be sorted because the cockerels will have grown combs and the pullets will not.View attachment 1331393

View attachment 1331394
Do you guys still sale Frost White Hatching eggs?

We sold our White Legbar breeding stock to a breeder in Waxahachie, TX that has been working with us since 2012. If you send me a PM I can get you her contact information. She had two white hens that she had got from us two years earlier that were a different generation than the cockerel and four pullets we sold. She put then all and made a really nice flock. Below are photos she posted. I love the hen on the left with the blue legband on the left foot in the first photos and I love the cockerel. The wind makes his tail look wild but of the 30 some cockerels that I raised across the Gold/Cream/White varrietes that White cockerel was the 2nd best in the group. The Cream that I kept who was the best in the group was taken by a predator about a week after I culled all the other cockerels. :)
89862563_2688721608075296_9170430869804941312_o.jpg
89814830_2688721518075305_674627499778375680_o.jpg
90275758_2688736098073847_2361769844254179328_o.jpg

We sold our White Legbar breeding stock to a breeder in Waxahachie, TX that has been working with us since 2012. If you send me a PM I can get you her contact information. She had two white hens that she had got from us two years earlier that were a different generation than the cockerel and four pullets we sold. She put then all and made a really nice flock. Below are photos she posted. I love the hen on the left with the blue legband on the left foot in the first photos and I love the cockerel. The wind makes his tail look wild but of the 30 some cockerels that I raised across the Gold/Cream/White varrietes that White cockerel was the 2nd best in the group. The Cream that I kept who was the best in the group was taken by a predator about a week after I culled all the other cockerels. :)
89862563_2688721608075296_9170430869804941312_o.jpg
89814830_2688721518075305_674627499778375680_o.jpg
90275758_2688736098073847_2361769844254179328_o.jpg
Thank you for getting back with me. Those are gorgeous birds! Yeah I will PM you. I am actually getting an Opal Legbar & a Cream Legbar, with a Marsbar this September. Would like to add some of those White beauties later on.

Thank you for getting back with me. Those are gorgeous birds! Yeah I will PM you. I am actually getting an Opal Legbar & a Cream Legbar, with a Marsbar this September. Would like to add some of those White beauties later on.

You can get Cream Legbars from me and Opal Legbars for cjwaldon.

I am not sure where you can get Marsbars from. They can be created in four-generation from Golden Salmon Marans crossed with Cuckoo Marans. The Golden Salmon is used in place of the Brown Leghorn in the chart below and the Cuckoo Marans in place of the Barred Plymouth below.
autosexing-chart.jpg

The Golden Salmon are fairly rare and the Cuckoo Marans in the USA were ruined 15 years ago so you have to be very selective to get Cuckoo Marans with good egg color.

Back
Top Bottom