White Leghorn 3 week old chicks...male or female?

I bought them off craigslist. guy said he sold 100/week, and said he would sell me 5 pullets. They might have been 2-3 days old when I picked them up though, so that could have been my mistake as well. He offered to exchange them. For each rooster he'd give me two chicks, but I don't want to risk this again.

I bought them off craigslist. guy said he sold 100/week, and said he would sell me 5 pullets. They might have been 2-3 days old when I picked them up though, so that could have been my mistake as well. He offered to exchange them. For each rooster he'd give me two chicks, but I don't want to risk this again.

Well if nothing else you get new birds and have plenty to process when the time comes!

going back to the first picture, and taking a second look at them last night, i noticed that the chick at the far left has a larger comb than the pullet, but it doesn't have any waddles like the other three cockerels...i know it's hard to tell that in the picture, but I'm hoping that he/she stays the way he/she is.

I would take him up on his offer ASAP so they wont be too much smaller than your hen. And I agree with above post that you will have a better chance if he is giving you 2 chicks for one. You at the very least will have 2 females and lots of chickens in the freezer

Back
Top Bottom