WHITE LEGHORN BREEDERS

Are they worth breeding and showing or should I just start with som ething else?

• Yes, they are a good enough quality to attempt to get show stock from

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they are poop quality and should just continue to be egg layers

• They would be worth trying to breed but have a few faults that would need improved ( please list the

• other

• Total voters

brahmabreeder

Songster
7 Years
Feb 22, 2012
Northeast Ohio
I have some leghorns just running around the yard and I would like some thought and opinions on them. I was considering getting a leghorn male to breed them to but I don't want to if it will be a waste of time. They are still young and haven't laid their first egg yet.

Last edited:
Are they good layers? Are you planning on selling or just raising for yourself?
I know you said they weren't laying yet, but watch and see how they lay. Another question you could ask yourselfis: Would I want to buy these from someone else?

The parent stock layed 6 eggs a week. I was wanting to see if they were a good enough quality to even bother breeding and showing them. Right now I'm working on adding a couple new breeds to my show birds and I would be willing to consider these since I already have them. I just don't have a cockerel to breed them to is the issue.

Cool!
I'm not a show person, don't know if I'd even know SQ birds. All I know when I see it and I like it that is what I want and I'll breedit.
Good luck. Hope someone comes along and lets you know if they are SQ birds.

Back
Top Bottom