White leghorn not laying

leximher21

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2021
I have a white legorn who is a year old. She was laying an egg a day and then suddenly just stopped in October. She went through a small molt and her comb was a little pale. It's been 3 months and she has not laid another egg. Her comb is still fairly pale but it is starting to redden back up again. She eats, drinks, looks, and acts normally. No signs of sickness other than the pale comb. No mites or lice. Poop is normal. Crop is normal. Not egg bound. I know its winter but it doesn't get that cold here and all of my other hens (orpingtons, sapphire gem, ameraucanas, and Easter Eggers are still laying almost every day. Is there something wrong with her or will I just have to wait for the daylight hours to get longer again before seeing another egg from her?
20220119_204101.jpg
20211126_163841.jpg

Last edited:
Her comb is still fairly pale but it is starting to redden back up again. She eats, drinks, looks, and acts normally. No signs of sickness other than the pale comb. No mites or lice. Poop is normal. Crop is normal. Not egg bound.
If she's not showing any signs of illness - she's active/eating/drinking, etc. etc. She's starting to redden up - Then you may just have to wait and see what happens.

Here's a way to check pelvic points.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

It should begin laying again pretty soon. You can tell it hasn't been laying from the pink comb.

Back
Top Bottom