White Leghorn Question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MKKimmen, Jul 1, 2010.

1. MKKimmen

MKKimmen Out Of The Brooder

Just was wondering if it is common for White Leghorn Pullets to have a good sized comb at 4 Months? Does anyone have any pictures of their 4 month old WL Pullet to compare with?? Thanks!

This is Whitey Girl, our 4 month old White Leghorn.

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    That's a pullet if thar's what You're wondering.
  3. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    My whie leghorn is 2 1/2 months and has a similarly proportioned comb to yours, although she's still a bit smaller, but the comb/head ratio looks about the same. And I am confident Chickpea is a girl after Wilamina turned into a William and I saw the size difference on his.....
  4. MKKimmen

Yes! I was just making sure she was a she still! [​IMG] Cause her Comb was so big I was starting to question! But I think thats just how the WL Pullets look. Thanks!
  5. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Looks right on schedule to me! I loved my white leghorns, they never missed a day of laying. After they were killed I decided to raise silver and red leghorns. I am anxious to see how they compare.
  6. MKKimmen

Perfect! Thank you! She is such a neat chicken, lots of personality! [​IMG]
  7. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I love leghorns. I used to be such a snob about egg color. I didn't want the plain ol' white ones when I could have brown and blue and chocolate colored. But I finally saw the light! Those first white eggs are just as pretty as the maran eggs. More eggs from less feed and wonderfully interesting chicken personalities....
    My silver leghorns are dedicated free rangers while the red leghorns are home bodies, seldom leaving the run. [​IMG]
  8. SunnyDayz

SunnyDayz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Sunny FL
    This is my leghorn roo at 12 weeks:
    Yours is a girl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by