White leghorns (5 months old) and a random lady (8 months old).

Hrm775

Hatching
Oct 18, 2023
Can you help me decide if these leghorns are Roos or hens? I’m getting two eggs per day so I know I have two ladies. And does anyone know what breed my frizzled speckled snuggle bug of a hen is? Thank you all!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4733.jpeg
    IMG_4733.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4736.jpeg
    IMG_4736.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4741.jpeg
    IMG_4741.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4732.jpeg
    IMG_4732.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4734.jpeg
    IMG_4734.jpeg
    737.4 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to BYC! :frow

The Leghorns are pullets. If you're not "in" the eggs now, you should be before too long! Gorgeous ladies. :love

Here is a saddle pic for your own reference from google in case you see something I don't. They'd be well showing/flowing by the stated ages (usually starting around 12 weeks)..
1697666818552.png

1697666837915.png

That other lady is not technically frizzled (feather type, she is smooth) or speckled (pattern).. but her color is known as Splash. I'm not so clear on her breed though.. are you able to see if that's a pea, rose, or other comb she's sporting? It doesn't look straight from what I can see. Did she come from a specific hatchery, back yard, or where from? Sometimes that can help narrow it down a bit.

Welcome to BYC! :frow

The Leghorns are pullets. If you're not "in" the eggs now, you should be before too long! Gorgeous ladies. :love

Here is a saddle pic for your own reference from google in case you see something I don't. They'd be well showing/flowing by the stated ages (usually starting around 12 weeks)..
View attachment 3662576
View attachment 3662577

That other lady is not technically frizzled (feather type, she is smooth) or speckled (pattern).. but her color is known as Splash. I'm not so clear on her breed though.. are you able to see if that's a pea, rose, or other comb she's sporting? It doesn't look straight from what I can see. Did she come from a specific hatchery, back yard, or where from? Sometimes that can help narrow it down a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_4746.jpeg
    IMG_4746.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4745.jpeg
    IMG_4745.jpeg
    640.1 KB · Views: 18
Thank you so much!!!! They were supposed to be girls but I wasn’t sure. Phew!!! I already have to nutcase Roos!!!! As for my splash mama….she was given to me by someone who bought her from tractor supply (I know….lol). Sold as a buff Orpington 🤷🏻‍♀️. I’m new to this so I’m not sure. All I know is we call her the kitten chicken hawk. Her name is Bbokari or Hedwig or Bobo and she is the sweetest chicken is the history of chickens ❤️❤️❤️

Splash lady looks to be a wyandotte of some kind. But all hens.
That’s cool! I just looked them up! She’s so funny. She’s very round with short wings and hilarious when she runs. She’s so soft and sweet. No telling how she ended up at TSC but I’m glad she landed here with us ❤️

Can you help me decide if these leghorns are Roos or hens? I’m getting two eggs per day so I know I have two ladies. And does anyone know what breed my frizzled speckled snuggle bug of a hen is? Thank you all!!!!!
They are all beautiful 🥰 not sure what the speckled girl is but she's adorable.

Back
Top Bottom