White Mallards ducklings need a new home

melissamerry

Songster
7 Years
Aug 17, 2012
Goleta, California
My White Mallards hatched out two ducklings about a month ago, and unfortunately, I do not have room for them.
They are free to a good home. I'm located in Santa Barbara, California. I am willing to drive a bit to drop them off.
Only giving away as a pair. Not meat birds.
0.jpg

I'm in San Luis Obispo CA. Only 1 hour and 30 minutes from Santa Barbara. I have a small chicken rescue. I can consider taking them. I need to talk with some people first. But we wouldn't want them to be taken from their mom. Is their mom still caring for them, or are they too old for that? (and we probably wouldn't be able to pick them up)

Thanks for considering them, but I'd prefer if they went to a home with other ducks. They are very social creatures, and I'm not sure if chickens would cut it.

They're living with three other adults right now, so they are used to being around multiple ducks. They get handled every day and are used to human contact. I would feel worried about sending them off to a farm that isn't really interested in them.

They're living with three other adults right now, so they are used to being around multiple ducks. They get handled every day and are used to human contact. I would feel worried about sending them off to a farm that isn't really interested in them.
I wouldn't say we aren't really interested in them.. Just being a chicken rescue, we aren't necessarily like upset when we don't get an animal, because that allows more room for other animals. And we spend lot's of time handling all are animals, and giving them all the love and care they deserve. We are all vegans here, so you know, no animals have to worry for their lives! And sometimes animal-lovers come and hang out with our chickens and pigs, and I am sure they would do the same with ducks. And I wouldn't call us a farm, more an animal rescue/sanctuary. But I don't mean to argue with you if it is coming off that way. I respect your decision as the ducks owner :) If you change your mind feel free to Private Message me!
With Compassion for Animals,
- Happy Hen Chicken Rescue (www.chickenrescue.org)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom