White Silkie with pink skin

LuvnChickens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 4, 2012
I have about 50 white silkies and they all look about the same, black skin. Except one has pink skin, any ideas why? She has the five toes and the blue on her face.

All the skin is pink, and he also has white legs & feet. He does have the 5 toes. As far as the parents, I bought the eggs on Ebay and hatched them in my incubator. All the rest of the eggs I hatched from the same seller were normal. Here are some pics of him.

Yesteray I really checked out my flock and found I have a hen that also has the pink skin, but has black feet????? Hmmmm

Yesteray I really checked out my flock and found I have a hen that also has the pink skin, but has black feet????? Hmmmm

Skin colour is regulated by W and Fm genes. Silkies should be W+/W+ Fm/Fm

Leg and feet colour is also regulated by the Id gene; silkies should be id+/id+. Many breeds have white or yellow skin and dark legs/feet.

I dont no if you are still on here. But i have exactly same silkie. and bought eggs from ebay. the other one that hatched was a sandy colour and normal coloured skin. but the white one is similar to yours

I got a showgirl roo from an ebay batch of silkie and showgirl eggs. He has white skin and 5 toes too. Well.. I guess he is red skinned now, at least on his neck

Attachments

• 20210719_124446.jpg
    20210719_124446.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 22
All the skin is pink, and he also has white legs & feet. He does have the 5 toes. As far as the parents, I bought the eggs on Ebay and hatched them in my incubator. All the rest of the eggs I hatched from the same seller were normal. Here are some pics of him.

I have twin roo chick's with yellow skin and the others I hatched w them have dark skin. I thought it was weird. So I kept looking . Thanx for posting. Feisty Lil guys are so rare.

Back
Top Bottom