White Yokohama?

I really still can't tell on the comb... it's this what a pea comb looks like in a young bird?
Is this pic a rooster on bottom and a hen on the roost?
20181103_150803.jpg

Can you get close clear pics of the combs. I'd say your right with the one being a cockerel. But he almost looks rose combed to me from this pic.

Hi there! I realize that this is an old thread, but I wanted to share a couple of things just in case anyone else runs into this thread like I did!
Yokohama are very rare indeed and it's very difficult to find breeders out there who take these on as a serious project. They're way more popular in Europe and they are very, very stunning over there!
Some of the problems breeders here have faced is poor egg production due to inbreeding because of lack of stock, incotrect earlobe and combs, incorrect tail set. With that being said, Yokohamas are some of the very few breeds who are set in the Standard to have strawberry combs! They should not have pea combs. ❤
The chicks haven't been updated but they do definitely resemble hatchery Yokohamas, which can be a decent start on a project that will be a challenge and take many years to get right. I'm sure there are a handful of breeders out there working on these guys!
They are considered an endangered breed here.
On a last note, the description of exhibition isn't implying they are show quality. It's just that they are not intended to be bred for egg production and being a smaller breed they are not meat birds. Perhaps "ornamental" would have been more appropriate! I know Cackle hatchery sells them and my TS gets chicks in from Cackle. They come in silver duckwing which to my knowledge is not recognized yet in our standard and have white earlobe which they should not have, red shouldered which is an exceptionally challenging color pattern to achieve, and white- if the dots on the heads were not marker perhaps they are a sport of the red shouldered which could put some color onto the chicks.
I know that was long winded but I hope maybe helpful to anyone who ventures across this thread. Take care and happy hatching!

Back
Top Bottom