Whiting true blue from mcmurray hatchery

Serillelife

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2017
Pilot mountain
I got my chick order in today from mcmurray. I ordered 6 americauna/aracauna, 6 whiting true blue, and 3 buff Orpington, plus the free chick they send out. I have no idea which chicks are which. I can kinda guess the Orpington but there are more than 3 that look like them. I can identify 3 americauna/aracauna because of adorable little ear tufts. The rest are a mystery especially the free one. Anyone have any pictures of definite whiting true blue chicks? Maybe I can narrow them down some more.

Not sure I got all of them, I can tell which ones are the buff Orpington. I have about 3 or 4 with the chipmunk stripe that have the ear tufts.

Attachments

• IMG_1366.JPG
    IMG_1366.JPG
    466.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    795 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    583.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    601.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 139
IAnyone have any pictures of definite whiting true blue chicks? Maybe I can narrow them down some more.
I got 5 last year. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures handy, but I do know all 5 looked different as chicks. One was black, one was blue, one was a chipmunk and two were yellow.

I think your free chick may be a gold laced wyandotte. It's in the box with the striped chicks.

Whiting True Blue chicks can come in many colors. One of mine was yellow. One was yellow with a grey spot on the back. The last looked just like the Easter Eggers. Could only tell which one was which by looking at the leg color as EE's legs are dark.

I ordered 15 WTB pullets in July. The mystery chick ended up being a male WTB. The colors:
•8 chipmunk colored with varying shades of brown
-At 2 months old, 6 are pullets with varying shades of partridge coloration. Two are males with one being partially barred and the other being white, grey, red.
•5 yellow; some with a few flecks of black/grey
-One turned solid white. Two look splash. One is white with a few black spots. And one is white with pinkish tones.
•2 blue
-They are solid blue
•1 black
-Solid black
I know they are supost to have a straight comb but most of mine look like pea combs. They have yellow and grey legs.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    588.7 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    488 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    707.4 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    654.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 134
I am so confused. Ordered 3 EE's and 3 Whiting True Blues this spring. Due to the dog next door 2 of the Whiting True Blues died. This week they all started to lay. I am getting 3 blue eggs and one olive. I had thought that the dark legged pullets were EE's. The ones that got killed had light legs as does one of the 4 I have left. I do have to say that the eggs are a lovely blue color. Wasn't expecting the olive egg but it is a lovely contrast to the blue ones. Whether they are EE's or Whiting True Blue, they do lay some great looking eggs.

^^^One of my 4 Easter Eggers lays a large blue egg (from Cackles). Her egg is so pretty compared to the other EEs I just had to order the Whitings to get more of those blue eggs. So it's possible you have EEs laying at least one of those blue eggs. Do all of your birds have beards and muffs? All EEs should have those. So if you have one without those features you'd know for sure that one is a WTB. If they all have beards and muffs, I think the only way you could tell is from body type. WTBs are heavily crossed with leghorns supposedly. So they should have the body type of a leghorn. Maybe weigh a little less than the EEs too once full grown.

Back
Top Bottom