Who all is having corn beef and cabbage for New Years Day?

Quote:

Well, boil up some grits for variety; it's New Years Day.

Grits: Girls Raised In The South
wink.png

and you don't really boil it.. it simmers slow and easy like.. can't get in a hurry you know

Quote:
I love meatloaf with scalloped potatoes.
smile.png
I've never had corned beef & cabbage for New Years, but I am this year. I thought, why not? I don't think the leprachauns are gonna get me. Sounds like a good luck meal to me.
big_smile.png
and yummy.............

Quote:
Had soughum on the table with my buttermilk biscuits this morning..but you know what I can't find anywhere? Ribboncane syrup... does that ring a bell with anyone? That was always my fave growing up

Our tradition is pork and sauerkraut with scalloped potatoes on New Year's day for good luck. Must be a southern thing to do cornbread, blackeyes peas and cornbread as I have never heard of it here.

Quote:
Had soughum on the table with my buttermilk biscuits this morning..but you know what I can't find anywhere? Ribboncane syrup... does that ring a bell with anyone? That was always my fave growing up

I haven't thought about ribboncane in years. I don't remember seeing it anywhere....

Brings back memories..

Quote:
I love meatloaf with scalloped potatoes.
smile.png
I've never had corned beef & cabbage for New Years, but I am this year. I thought, why not? I don't think the leprachauns are gonna get me. Sounds like a good luck meal to me.
big_smile.png
and yummy.............

I can't wait for the best part is meat loaf sandwich tomorrow or late late tonight.

I'm not having it, but you guys are making me want it. tomorrow will see a trip to Shop-Rite for the necessary purchases.
big_smile.png

10 Minutes ago I got word that we're expected at the In Laws at 5 for supper.

NO idea what we're having... or if I was poda make something or... ?

Ah there's the phone and it's MIL...

Edit... she's not ready and is asking to move it to 5:30... or 6:00... said she's got the ham ready and all but not her own hair and makeup (this is normal)... knowing about the ham (and the extra hour or two) I offered mashed potatoes (the thing I'm usually asked to bring) and some devilled eggs... and she got that SO relieved/happy voice so that's awesome.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
X2!! Ya gotta have the sauerkraut on New Years day!! Everyone in Ohio know's that!! LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom